Friday, August 2, 2013

DIY magnets and push pins

Remember this picture from a few weeks ago?





Well, I made them! 

I've got 12 magnets, 12 push pins, and 12 extras that I haven't totally decided what I'm going to do with them, but they were my first set and I wanted to make sure it worked.

It was easy (but the dry time takes FOREVER!).

Mix the plaster as directed on the package.  Pour into mold.  Let dry.  Paint.  Spray with clear epoxy.

If you want to add magnets, it was easiest to fill the mold halfway full, then wait a few hours for it to dry.  Next, place the magnet in the mold and fill the remaining space with plaster. 

The push pins were tall enough that I could add them right away. 



So, they're blue and shiny.  But are they too plain?  I can't decide if I want to doodle on them or bling them up or just leave them as is.  Any thoughts???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you!