Sunday, June 28, 2015

Getting back to blogging

So, it's been a while since I blogged. Wait - who am I kidding? It's been a while since I even thought about blogging!  This spring was packed full!

See, I decided to officially learn Spanish. Over the years, I've dabbled with Rosetta Stone and Duolingo. I've bought flash cards and workbooks. I've got audio programs on CDs in the car. Nothing worked well for me though, until I started a college course. Since Spanish 101 adds a grade on my transcript, it gave me the motivation to work hard and get a good grade. Those transcript things are forever and anyone who looks at my records from now on will see my scores. Now THAT was motivation!  (I got an A in the class because I wouldn't settle for less for myself.)

But learning a language takes time and effort. In addition to 5 hours of seat time each week, there was all the studying and homework to do. Suddenly, I just couldn't keep up with the extras like blogs (or laundry!).

Now, summer vacation has started, and I've got a ton of things to share. I can't wait to show you! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you!